Thursday, January 17, 2013

Farm School

I've started a six-week long volunteer teaching position at the local Montessori school- people around here refer to it as the Farm School. It's 7th & 8th graders, and I've got about seven kids in my class. Every six weeks the students get a new option for their Creative Expressions class-- this particular time slot with me it's beading!

Two of the school's four sheep. They also have two pigs, a cat, and a flock of chickens. All the students share in the "chores."

This week we started bead embroidery-- they each chose a photo to embellish. I was nervous at first, but these youngsters are great; they're funny, learn quickly, have endless energy, but most of all they are really good at just being kids. I'm kind of sad for the day they finish Montessori and have to move on to a regular public or private school. It will be so different for them.

On another similar note, this is what I saw as I was leaving my meditation group leader's home on Sunday. Babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment