Thursday, October 25, 2012

Goddesses

Over the past few years, I've been cultivating a list of inspiring women. Besides the obvious choices of women who are actually in my life (Mom! Isadora! Ann! Dot! Denise! Amy! Pam!), here are a few women (in no particular order) I don't necessarily know personally (maybe someday???). These amazing people are a wealth of knowledge, they've been there / done that, they seem magnetic in a way, and I love learning from them. I can't wait to keep adding to this list! Let me know in a comment if there is a particularly inspiring woman in your life.

Naomi Wolf. I loved her book The Beauty Myth and I can't wait to read her newest book. Listen to a great interview about it here. And I want her to be our next president.
Lara Owen. Empowering women to love their flow. Here's a great interview with Michelle McInnis.
Tieraona Low Dog. Midwife, herbalist, medical doctor. Down-to-earth scientific adviser to Dr. Andrew Weil. Drew and I had the pleasure of meeting her at a book signing last month at the Natural Products Expo East.
Jenny Hart. Working fibers artist and entrepreneur. Her embroidered portraits are nothing short of mind-blowing.
Geneen Roth. Author, encouraging women to always live in the present moment. I highly recommend Women, Food, and God. Oprah loves her, and so do I.
Rosemary Gladstar. Herbalist superstar specializing in women's health. Her recipes are fabulous, straight-forward, and accessible. Herbal Healing for Women and Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner's Guide are two great books to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment