Sunday, August 26, 2012

Experimental Methods


Cuff number nine: Continuum. It's good to listen to your mother sometimes. I worked with her most recent suggestion and tried a piece with cut-outs within the design. I learned a lot from doing this: for instance, next time try larger, easier shapes to cut out. It was exhausting for my poor right hand to get my Fiskars through two layers of felt to make these tiny, amorphous negative spaces. But I think it's a good start to something new.


This is my Anni Albers inspiration piece. I don't think I've ever seen a work by her that I didn't like. See for yourself at her online gallery here.

"C" by Anni Albers, 1969

"Design (Red and White)" by Anni Albers, 1955

You can see more views of Continuum Cuff on my Etsy page and on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment