Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Craft Day

It was freezing the other day, literally, but that didn't stop Ann and me from crafting the day away (thanks to David's handiwork with the studio heater). Ann painted ornaments that she sells at Booth #B038 in the Strasburg Emporium, while I oiled my rusty book-making skills, folding paper accordian-style.


It's so hard to stop when the creative juices are flowing! These short days are messing with my head. The cold weather is saying, "Come on, stay in today, get some artwork done," while the sun is smirking, "Oh, no you don't... well, OK, but only till four o'clock, then it's quittin' time for me." I guess this means I just need to get some more lighting for my studio.

And here's a baby T-shirt I silk-screened for my cousin's new daughter with a combination of two old designs I had. The bubbles are actually fill-ins for circles from another design, but I thought they worked pretty well together. Until I realized I printed the design on the BACK of the shirt. Doh. But Ann suggested continuing the bubbles onto the front of the shirt, and voila! It works! I can't wait till my mom and dad finally buy their dream summer home up in Pennsylvania. Then I can have my mom over to make jewelry on weekends in my new fancy-schmancy studio! (hint, hint, mom & dad...)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that t-shirt is adorable!!!
    I'm so jealous that you had a craft day together!

    ReplyDelete