Thursday, April 19, 2012

And a little more paint

goes even further!

I was trying to get as close as I could to my favorite crayon I remember from my childhood: Cornflower. Remember that color? And I'm not usually drawn to blues, unless they're being cried out on a street corner with an acoustic guitar. Actually, I had a love-hate relationship with my cornflower crayon. I loved the way the crayon looked on its own, but the color that emerged from it was never the same on paper. No matter how hard I bore down, I couldn't get it dark enough. And I never understood why a color with the word corn in it would be blue-violet. But here's why:

This is a cornflower! I must say I got darn close with the color. Once in a blue-violet moon, my memory will serve me pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment