Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sixteen, going on Seventeen


Whew! Here it is, the cuff from my previous post. Officially number seventeen. I don't remember the last time I pushed myself to start and finish a beaded project in one afternoon (slash evening). Have I ever? Maybe, I must have blocked it out if so. But I was so determined to have this cuff in my possession, I just willed it to happen. That's an interesting thought: that if I really want something badly enough, I just need to sit down with enough back-to-back episodes of something on Netflix and lose myself until I have what I wanted. Is it worth pushing myself like that? Am I pushing other things out of my life by doing this? I'm not sure, but right now it makes me really happy. Not just happy, but fulfilled. It gives me balance with my job-life. I realize all this work is going towards a greater goal, and perhaps one day in the future I'll look back at this time in my life with misty eyes and think, 'Those were the days. My husband working on his artwork in the next room, the cats cuddled next to me, me beading away as the light changes outside.' So I guess right now I don't really want to think too hard about if this is good for my psyche, my social life, or hey, my eyes for that matter. Right now this is my peace.

Old                                New
You can see the new version of Equinox Cuff in red on Etsy or my online gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment