Monday, October 1, 2012

A Successful Trial


I've made this necklace a couple of times in the past, in different colorways. This time, I decided to try something new. Instead of suspending the pendant with multiple strands of wire strung with beads, as I've always done for my necklaces, I used a minimalist, delicate chain. I think it works! This cuts way down on my work time, because stringing the beads (while keeping count so both sides would be even!), crimping the ends, hiding these ends with metal cone findings, and putting on clasps took longer than making the actual pendant! This new method opens up so many possibilities. I love love love all the different kinds, weights, and patterns of chain out there, and it will allow me to spend more time creating new pendant ideas. And I can experiment with making much longer pendant necklaces than with the strung beads (which are so much more delicate). Yes!

(photo by my lovely husband Drew)
You can view Small Stacks Necklace on my Etsy site.

No comments:

Post a Comment