Thursday, December 5, 2013

The holidays are supposed to be a fun time of year, right?

Well the last six weeks have gone by in more of a blur than I could have thought possible. Speed of light, to be exact. Somehow we're ending the first week of December already?! No comprendo. My shop gathered has been super busy with the holidays approaching, and I am endlessly grateful for all the local folks who want to support other locals by buying things that are handcrafted right in their own area. The shop is actually doing well for itself, considering I haven't been open a year yet. It's grown to be a mutually supportive endeavor between myself and over 50 (that's fifty, I tell you!) regional artists and crafters! I'm able to make rent and bills for the space, and I'm hoping in the following year to possibly bring home a paycheck of my very own. One can hope...

Also, I've entered a juried market as an art vendor for next May! I'll find out if I've made it in January, so keep your fingers crossed for me, pretty please. It's called the Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival, and you can find out more about it here. A big thank you (even if I don't make it) to my family, Zoe, Jocelyn, and Kathleen for motivating me to even attempt this. I'll really have to get my beading act together if I get in!

Entering this show inspired me to revamp my Etsy site, as well as my entire personal website. The latter was an undertaking, let me tell you. I'd really like to do even more updating with the look of the website, but the way it's set up I can only access so much that I can change myself. I hope to do something about that soon.

Here is my most recent work:
(all of these can be found on my website or Etsy)

Equilibrium cuff 

 Flux necklace

 Royal Reishi necklace


Stacks necklace

And lastly, some Thanksgiving photos
from my recent trip to visit family in Atlanta:

Fixins' becoming fixin's

The men folk like to claim they do some of the work on Thanksgiving.

Gardenscapes during the mayhem indoors.

This was the best I could find with almost all the family members.
I realized too late that no one took an actual group photo this year. Sad.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cadyn - so happy to have found your site through Kathleen L. Klik...I enjoyed her feature this month on the gathered site. I adore her work and she has raved about your wonderful shop in Front Royal. Congratulations on your upcoming one year anniversary - what an accomplishment! Your new beaded pieces are so stunning....I especially like the stacked necklaces in the browns and the one with gray/blues, as well as the Royal Reishi necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much, Cindy! You are so thoughtful to have reached out to find my work like this. I love Kathleen's work, too, it's always nice to hear from fans of her! If you live in the northern VA area, I hope you can stop in *gathered* someday!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete